Henty celebrate their narrow win.HENTY’S BACK TO BACK FLAGS

Henty completed back to back Holbrook and District Cricket Association premierships on the weekend when they defeated Holbrook Colts at Culcairn.

The match was moved from the turf wicket at Holbrook on Friday after heavy rain made the wicket unplayable and the back up venue at Culcairn was initiated.

The match was one of the best deciders for some time, with the Swampies storming home to win a thriller by 19 runs after Colts looked likely winners late in the game.

Henty all rounder Jimmy Ellis was awarded the man of the match after claiming five wickets and contributing a handy (21) with the bat ion Saturday.

Henty won the toss and batted and got away to a good start before Colts struck back to claim the advantage to have Henty staggering at 4/56.

Jason Weaven was bowling superbly for Colts and with good support from Hayden Webb and Jim Grills they kept the pressure on with key batsmen Grant Forrest (5) dismissed cheaply.

Ellis and a resolute Ben Klemke steadied the innings to take the score along to 4/92 at the tea break and twenty overs remaining.

Weaven struck immediately after tea removing both Klemke (24) and Ellis (21) to have the score at 6/101. William Heriot was bowling tightly from the other end.

The Swampies lower order combined very well with a mixture of good batting and good luck with Brad Hore (26), Mark White (20 no) and Shan Terlich (17) getting the final score to 9/173.

Weaven completed a great bowling performance to take 7/83 off twenty four overs, while Heriot bowled superbly to take 1/42 off sixteen straight overs from the Albury end.

Holbrook Colt’s run chase started disastrously on Sunday with last innings century maker Jack Cookson and Seumas McKillop both out for nought to Ellis.

Hayden Wishart joined Robbie Mackinlay at the crease and with some excellent batting started a Colts fight back that took them to tea at 2/85, needing 89 for victory off twenty overs.

Trouble hit for Colts when Wishart (43) and Mackinlay (65) were dismissed by Terlich to leave Colts 4/114. The pair put on a ninety run stand for the third wicket.

Dylan Fairall looked dangerous, before he Josh Jones (1) and Jim Grills (0) were dismissed in eight balls to make the score 7/128. Brett Strong was run out shortly after to make it 8/136.

Weaven and Heriot made a brief charge before heriot was run out going for a second run and Webb was bowled by Ellis to wrap the innings up and the premiership to Henty.

Ellis finished with 5/43 and together with Shannon Terlich 3/56 took the game right away from Colts after it looked to be slipping away from them mid afternoon.

The game was played in a good competitive spirit and was highlighted by an outstanding umpiring performance from grand final debutantes Simon McLeish and Norm Barlow from Culcairn.


Henty 9/173 (Brad Hore 26, Ben Klemke 24, Jimmy Ellis 21, Mark White 20 no; Jason Weaven 7/83) defeated Holbrook Colts 154 (Robbie Mackinlay 65, Hayden Wishart 43; Jimmy Ellis 5/43, Shannon Terlich 3/56) by 19 runs

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲培训学校.