The pavement of Battye Street was damaged by last week’s floods.Most major roads to and from Forbes remain closed by flooding, but motorists can now access the Condobolin and Grenfell roads, with caution.
Forbes Shire Council advised yesterday morning (at 11am) that part of the South Condobolin Road (Lachlan Valley Way) from Forbes to Condobolin and the New Grenfell Road had reopened.
However, Council said drivers should use caution as there is water over the road in parts and several roads have sustained considerable damage which may not yet be signposted.
Motorists are advised to drive carefully and to the conditions.
Latest road closures and conditions (at 11am yesterday) are as follows:
* Pinnacle Road closed
* Bundaburrah Crossing closed (open to B-Double only)
* Forest Road open with caution
* Henry Lawson Way closed to all traffic
* New Grenfell Road open with caution
* Yarrabandai Road closed to all traffic
* Wirrinya Road closed to all traffic
* Battery Hill Road closed to all traffic
* Johnny Woods Crossing closed to all traffic
* Bogan Gate Road open with caution
* Salisbury Road closed to all traffic
* Henry Parkes Way (Parkes Conbodolin Road) open with caution
* The Escort Way (Eugowra Road) closed to all traffic
* Lachlan Valley Way (Cowra Road) closed to all traffic
* Newell Highway (Forbes to West Wyalong) closed by RTA to all traffic south of Forbes
* Lachlan Valley Way (South Condobolin Road) Water over road in various locations up to Jemalong Weir – open with caution.
* Bedgerabong Road accessible to aerodrome, aerodrome to Bogoin Lane closed to all traffic, Littles Plains closed to all traffic.
* Thurungle Road closed, water over bridge
* Noakes Road closed to all traffic
* Battye St remains closed to traffic for repairs.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.